An extremely effective minimally-invasive procedure, endoscopic sinus surgery is used to remove structural blockages inside the sinuses that cause chronic sinusitis.
What is chronic sinusitis?
Chronic sinusitis is an extremely common ongoing condition that prevents the sinuses from draining, causing mucus to build up. When the condition is caused by a blockage in the sinuses due to a deviated septum, nasal polyps or a tumor, endoscopic sinus surgery is the recommended surgical treatment option.
The symptoms of chronic sinusitis can be painful and debilitating, and can greatly interfere with your overall quality of life. The most common symptoms of this condition include:
- Pain in the teeth and/or face.
- Trouble breathing through the nose.
- Swelling and tenderness around the eyes, nose, cheeks, and forehead.
- Pressure or congestion in the sinuses.
- Changes or loss of smell or taste.
- Green or yellow discharge from the nose.
- Bad breath.
- Nasal discharge that causes a sore throat.