Lasers have been used in the field of medicine since the early 1960s. More so than ever today, the use of laser treatments is safe and effective. Laser skin resurfacing can help reduce wrinkles and superficial blemishes on the skin while improving skin texture. These treatments remove the top layers of skin, stimulating the body’s healing response, to promote the growth of new, healthy glowing skin.
Intense Pulse Light Treatment
Intense Pulse Light (also known as IPL) treatment creates a smoother, brighter, and more even appearance. IPL treatments are generally performed as an in-office treatment.
An intense pulse light laser procedure has the ability to treat multiple skin issues such as brightening one’s skin, achieving a more radiant and youthful appearance, and lightening up age spots to diminish their appearance. IPL treatment uses a special white light that is composed of different frequencies which promote new cell production, unlike lasers that use only one frequency. Because of these varying wavelengths, the IPL Laser is absorbed by pigments that would lead to age spots, broken capillary vessels, and fibroblasts to help brighten and rejuvenate the skin.
IPL Laser can be used to treat the following medical conditions:
- Sun damage or age spots
- Fine lines or wrinkles, freckles, or sunspots that have irregular pigmentation
- Large pores or dull texture
- Pigment Irregularities such as sunspots or melasma, which are characterized by an uneven, darkened skin pigmentation
- Redness in one’s back, neck, or chest
- IPL treatments can motivate collagen formation within the dermis and smooth out uneven skin texture caused by acne scarring
- Surgical scars can be lightened and reduce any redness from scarring
- Stretch marks can be lightened